I tried out this recipe on vegan burger patties (from my Danish vegan cookbook ‘Groen Glaede’) a few days ago, and it’s goooood! Perfect for a weekend dinner with friends or family (:
VEGAN BURGER PATTIES (about 4-6 pcs, depends on the size)
what you need:
– 1 can of chick peas (or about 1 1/2 dl dried chick peas layed in water 12 hours before and boiled for about 1/2-1 hour)
– 1 dl wheat flour
– nutritional yeast flakes (optional, I didn’t have any, so I didn’t use them)
– 3 potatoes, boiled
– 1 garlic clove
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 1 package of burger buns
how to do:
1. mix chick peas (without water), wheat flour, nutritional yeast flakes, potatoes and garlic in a blender.
2. form patties of the dough into the same amount as you have burger buns.
3. fry the patties in olive oil (be careful, they are fragile and fry for quite a while until they are as firm as possible without being burned)
4. heat the burger buns according to the instructions on the package.
Proposals for burger filling:
– a slice of cheese (if you’re not vegan)
– red/green/yellow pepper
– chili powder